Ida Marie Gedbjerg, b. 1990, documentarist educated from the travelling film school Doc Nomads. With background in anthropology she has a special eye for the social ties that bind us and a profound curiosity for human-interest stories.
Her first documentary QAMAR, portraying a transgender refugee’s struggle in Denmark, was nominated for several awards and screened on the biggest LGBT-festival in Denmark, MIX-Copenhagen 2015.
MA in Documentary Film Directing, Doc Nomads 2015-17
BA in Anthropology, Copenhagen University. 2010-2013.
Festivals & Awards
- Nordisk film ‘Store Isbjørn’ 2016.
- Fidé Festival (FRA) 2017, Ida Gil
- Doc Lisboa (PRT) 2016, Ida Gil
- AO Norte Film Festival 2016 (PRT), student film
- Copenhagen Mix Festival 2015 (DNK), Qamar
- Spot Filmfestival 2015 (DNK), Qamar
- Aarhus Filmfestival (DNK) 2014, Qamar
- Festival 5 sur 5 (BEL) 2014, Instants de la Louviere.